1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cannot open ms office documents

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dash25, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dash25

dash25 Thread Starter

i've been using ms office 2002 for few months. today i when i tried to open ms word it didn't open. then i uninstalled it and installed ms office 2003. now i'm able to open ms word/excel/powerpoint but whenever i save a document i cannot reopen it. in case of ms word the prompt is "the file is unavailable" and in case of ms excel the prompt is "there is a problem with your virus scanner". i'm using norton 2005. i disabled it and again started above applications but problem remained. i was using avg free edition also. but when i uninstalled it i week before it got corrupted and uninstallation was not successful. can someone guide me???

2. Bichey

Bichey

to uninstall AVG completely, go to their site and download Uninstallation Tool. This tools are used to remove softwares which are not ininstalled or uninstalled properly. And never use two anti virus at the same time. And what does it mean that u are using Norton 2005 ??? :eek: just throw it out of your window or better bury it in the graveyard so that no one can see it or find it, let it be there completely hidden from everyone..........and immediately download some good anti-virus like AVIRA(free edition), malwarebytes anti malware, lavasoft ad-aware, and scan your computer with the same and always remember to update anti-virus softwares

3. dash25

dash25 Thread Starter

Thank u bichey, i uninstalled norton and avg both and installed alvira.
    ms office is now working nicely.
    thanks again

4. Bichey

Bichey

Most Welcome!, my friend :)

and last thing, if you do not have any anti-spywares installed you should install one , like

1. malwarebytes anti-malware or Lavasoft Ad-Aware or Spybot search and destroy (all of them are free)

2. install mcafee site advisor for safe browsing

and always remember to update every day, above softwares

5. dash25

dash25 Thread Starter

ok, i've already been using spybot search and destroy. i'll try mcafee site advisor now.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/801020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice