1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot Paste

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BEAUDUY, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEAUDUY

BEAUDUY Thread Starter

I have a user that is trying to copy/paste text from one text field to another (within the same program). The text will copy and/or cut all day, any method, but when she goes to paste, nothing happens. Paste is an available option so it has recognized that there is data on the clipboard. She can copy/paste normally outside of the program in any of her Windows applications.
    The program is form generation software, and the ability to copy/paste text in and out of text fields in the program, and even in and out of the program, has never been an issue for any of my users (for years and years!).

To help pinpoint what this issue could be I do need to tell you the following: There is a 2nd pc in this users office (also Win7 64bit) that has the same exact problem with the copy/paste in this one particular program but here is a twist....if either drive is shared and mapped to the other workstation, and you open the program from the drive that is not the "local" drive, copy and paste have no issue! Turning of UAC and setting the programs folder to Full Control have not made a difference.

Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?
    Thank you!

2. BEAUDUY

BEAUDUY Thread Starter

Problem resolved! I was browsing other sites and going nuts trying to figure out what could be causing this problem. I was able to piece together an idea and found that the user had Webroot. Webroot has settings that apparently try to protect programs... from themselves?? anyway.... go into Webroot / Identity Protection / Application Protection...locate the executable for the program you are troubleshooting and set it to "allow" (vs. "deny") vwalla!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice