1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot perform backup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ROGER7721, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

I HAVE WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64B. CANNOT BACKUP TO EXTERNAL DRIVE. BACKUP WORKED THEE FIRST TIME AFTER INSTALLING O/S RECENTLY. I GET BACKUP ERROR 0x81000019. STATES TO CHECK VSS AND SPP APPLICATION LOGS, I DON'T KNOW HOW. ALSO STATES, "INSUFFICIENT STORAGE AVAILABLE TO CREATE THE SHADOW COPY STORAGE FILE OR OTHER SHADOW COPY DATA".I TRIED SYSTEM RESTORE, BUT THAT DID NOT WORK.I DELETED THE SYSTEM IMAGE FILE, AND THE BACKUP FROM MY EXTERNAL DRIVE, TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BACKUP, STUPID MOVE, TRIED BACKUP AGAIN, SAME PROBLEM AND ERROR MESSAGE.NOW I HAVE NO BACKUP ON MY EXTERNAL DRIVE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME, TY, ROGER

2. Morny

Morny

3. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Tried many fixes, none worked. Found out from ms that av bitdefender is the culprit.the av hijacks certain settings. If you have bitdefender, you will not be able to use win backup. I went with a third party backup, it is free, and better than win 7 backup. You can find this software at www.todo-backup.com., it is easy to use, does what win backup does and more. Hopefully ms gets their act together and have a fix when they come out with win 8, ty, roger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice