1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot play .avi files in Quicktime

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Autumnx, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Autumnx

Autumnx Thread Starter

This is probably a really obvious one-but I cant play avi. files in Quicktime.Error message comes up that quicktime is missing software thats not available on quicktime. Only get awful sound with no picture. Says something about required compressor not being found. Do I need to download something to make them play-or can I change it to .mpg? Im running Mac OSX 10.3.4.

I appeal to your higher powers...

appreciate anything back.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Try downloading VideoLan for the mac. Or Mplayer. It should play pretty much anything.

www.videolan.org
    mplayerosx.sourceforge.net

Play DivX with Quicktime DivX codecs either from divx.com or from 3ivx.com(version 4.0 PR, slightly faster than divx.com codec). Both are available for OS9 and OSX.** There is a bug in the AVI file format which results in Quicktime not playing correctly MP3 sound in a DivX movie. To correct this problem, run your DivX files into Divx Doctor II first.

3. Autumnx

Autumnx Thread Starter

Thanks a lot! That did it...its was very easy for a computer fool like me.It works a dream. Im very very grateful! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/296414