Solved: Cannot play YouTube videos via Chrome

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dougglos

Douglas
Recently, when attempting to play YouTube videos, if I enter the details in my (default browser) Chrome searches they do not play. If I use IE instead, there is no problem in watching them. Can anyone suggest how I can correct this.

texasbullet

Ramon
I think you need to download again Java (plug-in) or flashplayer in google chrome.

first check if the plugin for flash or Java is enabled in Chrome cause it is playing in IE ,

Go to the chrome settings
the scroll down to Advanced setting
in the Privacy section go to Content settings and check if Java or Flash enabled
If not then download them

dougglos

Douglas
Java and Flash shown as enabled in Chrome settings. Will now download items again to see if that helps. Will advise later.

dougglos

Douglas
Have now downloaded the latest Java plugin - still no success with YouTube videos. Also, Flash Player gives me the following message:- "Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in".

dougglos

Douglas
It says "can request that the HTML5 player be used" but I don't know how to do that - can you advise?

dougglos

Douglas
That box does not appear - instead I get the message "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible".

dougglos

Douglas
No - in that space is simply the following message :- "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible." and below that is a list of some supported browsers (Chrome, Firefox,etc.)

dougglos

Douglas
- But as I said originally, watching Youtube videos via IE presents no problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online