Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: cannot print from IE9 script error

51K views 49 replies 4 participants last post by  tgrover54 
#1 ·
Hi, guys,
I've been trying to solve this issue for almost a month, and finally gave up and went back to IE 8. A shame, because I really like the look of IE 9, and especially the feature where you can separate tabs to view side by side on the screen. But I absolutely could not print any page at all from the web. Print preview was fine, printer software comes up, wait 10 seconds, then Script Error, Error 2107. I have seen many, many posts about this same error, but the suggested fixes never work and I tried every single one of them. Is this a known error with IE 9, or do we need to wait for new drivers?
I am using:
Win 7 32 bit
HP Officejet 6500n wireless all in one printer

Thanks!

#2 ·
Open IE.

Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.

Click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes, and then click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box.

By default, IE has the opposite settings for script debugging. Upgrading to IE9 may be resetting them to default.

#4 ·
Nope. Too bad, because I really like IE 9. The box that pops up says, An Error Has Occurred in the Script on this Page.
Line: 2107
Char: 1
Error: There is no connection for this connection ID
Code: 0
res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Any other ideas? Sure would like to be able to use this.

#5 ·
Well, I have tried everything. My Trend Titanium is set to not interfere with scripts. I put back notify about script errors, and the error is a print.stopdoc(). I cannot find anywhere on the web that gives instructions about how to fix this and I am not familiar with this area. I see nothing about this in the HP support area. I guess I just have to go back to IE 8, this just won't work on my computer.

#8 ·
Here's the solution the O/P wanted to share that worked for him:

The solution I finally found was to first uninstall IE 9 by going to Windows Update. Type Windows Update into the Start Menu search box, and click on the link that appears. In the lower left click Installed Updates. Select Internet Explorer 9 in the list and click Uninstall at the top of the list. Let it uninstall and the computer restart, and IE 8 will be back. Then, go online to Microsoft Downloads - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home and re-download the program directly from Microsoft. It seemed that the version that came automatically into your Update program was corrupt in some way. I even found this yesterday with a Vostro business class com!
puter I was working on in an office. I cannot imagine why Microsoft has versions in the Updates that do not work with all computers (most, but not all). But with the “fresh” install directly from MS I have had no problems printing from IE9. Hope that helps.

#10 ·
I already unistalled and reinstalled the printer - No Help - Still not able to print from Windows Explorer 9

So, I will take your advise and try to Unistall and reinstall Windows Explorer 9

Question - Do I need to have the printer unistalled before I Unistall and reinstall Windows Explorer 9 ?

Thanks very much for the prompt response

#11 ·
I already unistalled and reinstalled the printer - No Help - Still not able to print from Windows Explorer 9

So, I will take your advise and try to Unistall and reinstall Windows Explorer 9

Question - Do I need to have the printer unistalled before I Unistall and reinstall Windows Explorer 9 ?

Thanks very much for the prompt response
Have you tried disabling Protected Mode?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479

#17 ·
HP Officjet 6500 Wireless All-inOne - conected with USB
Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1
AMD Phenom(TM) X6 1100T Processor 3.30 GHz
8.0 GB (7.75 GB usable)
64-Bit Operating System
This is the error msg when printing from IE 9
Line: 2107
Char: 1
Error: There is no connection for this connection ID
Code: 0
res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Same as the opening post to thread

#18 ·
Tried several fixes yesterday without success
1) Window’s System Restore - No help
2)
A. Click the Tools button , and then click Internet Options. Or, press ALT+T, and then press O.
B. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
C. Click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes, and then click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box.
No Help
3) Searched for New Printer Driver’s on the Window’s, Hp and the open web – I get “Your Driver’s are the Most Up To Date” No Help

#20 ·
Also, should mention this computer was purchased new in Sept 2010. It came with IE 9 and I installed this printer on this computer back then. It worked fine untill about 3 wks ago. Not sure what happened, unless it started after a Windows Auto Update. I should have used the Windows System Restore then I guess. I was busy and didn't do that. Now The System Restore won't let me go back far enough to correct the problem. When I had Windows XP on my old computer the System Restore allowed me to go Back further. Anyway, thanks for your help - still trying to figure out what to do

#22 ·
Well took a while to find Tools>Safty>Active X Controlls - Mine was already unchecked - put a check - No printing - went back to Unchecked - as you said it should be anyway
Also checked out that link - interesting info - found this bit:
·
Make sure that the correct print driver is selected. Print by clicking File and then clicking Print . The current selected product should be listed in the Print dialog box. Select the correct printer if the wrong one is selected.
Check the print driver Properties to make sure that they have not been set to offline
Problem though - went through the above process and don't see where to select which driver I want or to be able to verify in Print Properties if it is set to "Offline"

#24 ·
Yes tried all of the fixes yesterday - no printing on IE 9 - Well think I'll try the following post tomorrow morning - LOL can't hurt at this point - also my computer never had IE 8 - so what browser should I download for a backup before uninstalling IE 9? Thanks for all your help - I'll check for your answer and download that browser and post again tomorrow after I try this fix - Thanks :)
Originally Posted by tgrover54
The solution I finally found was to first uninstall IE 9 by going to Windows Update. Type Windows Update into the Start Menu search box, and click on the link that appears. In the lower left click Installed Updates. Select Internet Explorer 9 in the list and click Uninstall at the top of the list. Let it uninstall and the computer restart, and IE 8 will be back. Then, go online to Microsoft Downloads - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...oducts/ie/home and re-download the program directly from Microsoft. It seemed that the version that came automatically into your Update program was corrupt in some way. I even found this yesterday with a Vostro business class com!
puter I was working on in an office. I cannot imagine why Microsoft has versions in the Updates that do not work with all computers (most, but not all). But with the "fresh" install directly from MS I have had no problems printing from IE9. Hope that helps.

#26 ·
Oh just found 1 of them - Click Print - dialog box opens - right click on the selected printer and I see the line that says "Use Printer Offline" and when I Hover over "Run as Adminstrator" new drop down menu shows the same "Use Printer Offline" - neither is checked on my computer at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.