1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot send emails through Windows Live Mail 2011

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by peterj4, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peterj4

peterj4 Thread Starter

I am using two separate laptops in the household with windows live mail 2011 as default for my email.
    My account isthrough Pipex and my outgoing email server is 'smtp.homecall.co.uk'. Whenever I try to send an email messenger comes up with the following error report.

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Test'
    Server: 'smtp.homecall.co.uk'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): Yes
    Socket Error: 10053 "

I can however send mail through the Pipex site in their webmail.

I have used Pipex for about 5 years and had no problems until this week and think that it is a problem with Windows Live Mail 2011. I have also tried authenticating the account through account settings.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I know that I cannot believe everything I find on the web, but I've now looked at four sites including this one and this one that give different smtp servers for pipex.

3. peterj4

peterj4 Thread Starter

Thanks TerryNet. I changed the outgoing mail server to an alternative one from your suggested websites and am back up working. Seems a pity that Pipex could not inform customers that the one I had been using for some years had been superceeded with a new one.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice