1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot un-installed my SP3

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by exceller, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

My Laptop XP Pro with SP3 is totally different to the same on my PC, where I upgraded the Sp's as they came out. So the format is different between the two.

I wanted to un-install my laptops version and install the version downloaded from MS, but I don't have the option to do so in Add/Remove on the Laptop as I do on the PC. Its listed, but no option to remove/uninstall.

Can I un-install this SP3 in the registry or anyother way or could I just install my version and overwrite the current SP3.

Thanks

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!