1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cannot use my ethernet cable on my laptop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Asnik, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Asnik

Asnik Thread Starter

I am having a cable internet connection at my home and connect to internet using PPPoE.
    when the cable guy came to my home he got me connected to the internet on my PC, and that's working still now.
    but when i connect the same ethernet cable to my laptop it gaves me a error 619, i called them they said that it is working fine.

is there any way i can connect my laptop to same ethernet cable, and i don't have a wireless router, and don't want to buy one:p. so is there any way i can use same ethernet cable without using different accounts on two PCs.

one of my friend suggested me to try cloning MAC id, but i am not sure does this work?

2. valis

valis Moderator

that sounds like a vpn error. If you are connecting straight from your router, you shouldn't need to use vpn, just connect and go.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Rather unusual to be using PPPoE with cable; usually that's only used with (A)DSL. Anyhow, you probably have to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching devices.

4. Asnik

Asnik Thread Starter

Ok got it done.
    Just changed the mac Id of ethernet card on laptop same as that of my pc.
    And whoa it is connected to Internet

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice