Solved: cannot view pictures included in e-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

s10ec

I am using Incredimail but I have had the same problem with Outlook in the past and never found a solution. Sometimes I receive an e-mail that has pictures in the message but all I see is the area where the picture should be with a small box in the upper right corner with a red X in it. What is this? How can I view the picture in my message? Thanks for your help.

Myriads of reasons, but the most common is that the sender has not actually sent you the image, its been stripped out even before you got it.

All you got was the "placeholder" quite likely.

Another reason is that the image itself was never in the email, only a link to the image source which was held on another place on the web, but is not now available.

And the most common reason that the pic has been 'stripped out' of the senders e-mail is that the sender's 'Temp Internet Files' folder is too full. Get them to empty it (using disc cleanup will do it) and try again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts