1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cannot write to DVD using Olympus Master Plus

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Zuke, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zuke

Zuke Thread Starter

When I try to backup my photos from Olympus Master Plus to a DVD I get a window that says "cannot find writable drive." I know the drive is working because I have been able to backup other files to CD/DVD. When I had Olympus Master Plus on my old computer I did not have any trouble with the backup feature. But since I have installed it on my new computer I am unable to backup to CD/DVD. The operating system is the same (XP). Any suggestions?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. Zuke

Zuke Thread Starter

Thanks, telecom. I tried updating but no-go on writing it to disk. I thought about updating before but I was afraid I might lose my photos during the process. I still get the window "no writable drive found process terminated". Picasa to the rescue!

4. Zuke

Zuke Thread Starter

I finallly resolved the problem and the backup feature of Olympus Master Plus works just fine now. The window that said "no writable drive found this process will be terminated" was labeled as the ImageMixer Backup Utility. I figured that the problem must rest with the backup utility. I googled ImageMixer Backup Utility + Olympus Master Plus and found that Olympus had put out a download for the ImageMixer Backup Utility because of problems with the backup feature (it would have been nice if Olympus had told us about this). When I downloaded and installed the backup utility I was able to write to DVD without a hitch. Should anyone else encounter the same problem the URL is: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/olm/olmplus/index.cfm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice