1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Canon i560

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moldy811, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moldy811

moldy811 Thread Starter

Want to change the "default Print Quality" from Standard to Draft.

I have looked in the user manual and didnot find a method to make change.
    Could not find a way to contact Canon to post this same need.

2. arknorth

arknorth

Enter your Control Panel in your Start Menu - Find the PRINTERS AND FAX icon and click on it - Find the icon for the I560 and RIGHT CLICK on it - Choose the PROPERTIES option - You will find the default settings in there.

A-N

3. moldy811

moldy811 Thread Starter

hi arcnorth,

I may not have used the best choice of words in my need description.

I want the 'Default' to be "Draft" not standard. Most of the printing on the Canon 1560 is 'Draft'. If I need a print quality other than 'Draft', I will use your suggestion at that time to change the print quality. As most printing is 'Draft', I don't want to have to change from the current Standard which is default to 'Draft' which is now not the default.

Does the paragraph above read better?

4. arknorth

arknorth

To a degree - First, some general rules about printers and their software -

1 - Most manufacturers, including Canon, will automatically default their software to 'Normal' or 'Best' when installed into a computer (sells more ink that way).

2 - Doing as I noted before will default the printer icon in most programs to whatever you choose as that default.

3 - You can change a print 'job' per 'job' in any program that uses the printer. Say, in Word, you would go to the File command and drop it down, click on the Print option, and bring up the printer window. This is where you can choose between printers, and set the resolution of the output by clicking on the Perferences button, and choosing the type of output you want.

A-N

5. moldy811

moldy811 Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge. I will evaluate how many different programs I use to print draft documents and determine which direction to start making changes to printing.

M-H

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Instead of closing this thread as requested through the Report feature, why don't I marked it as solved instead?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice