1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't access Belkin Router menu

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MikeeF, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Belkin wireless range extender/Access point which I have pluged into the lan cable of my main router (Orangle Live box) in another part of the house.

I want to be able to get into the Belkin's settings menu but I cant find it!

192.168.1.1 Gets me the main router.

Where would my Belkin be?

and does anyone have the default password as I brought it second hand?

thanx for you help

Mike

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Reset it to factory defaults and download the manual from Belkin to configure it.

3. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

I did a reset.

Belkin Manual says it sould be at 192.168.1.1 same as my main router

4. JohnWill

Most Belkin routers are at 192.168.2.1, what is the exact model of that router?

5. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Thanx for your help John.

Is a FSD7130

192.168.2.1 did'nt find anything :(

6. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Sorry to have bothered you I found the correct manual and found I had to change my tcp ip settings before I could connect to it !

7. JohnWill

Connect a computer to one of the LAN ports on the router, open a command prompt and type IPCONFIG. The Default Gateway address is the base address of your router.

8. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Thx John I've done it. I has no Lan ports and was at 192.168.2.254 after reconfiging tcp ip

9. JohnWill

Everything working now?

10. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Yep SOLVED :D

Now have to figure how to get it to work as a wireless range extender! As at the moment its plugged into Lan. I be intouch if I run into problems :)

MikeeF

11. JohnWill

Well, that may be a lot more problematic!

12. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

Lol why I brought it as one. I have'nt looked into doing it yet. Would you have a better range extender to recomend?

13. JohnWill

I actually don't favor range extending stuff at all, I prefer boosting the signals at the source and destination.

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

14. MikeeF

MikeeF Thread Starter

In my case I think this has to do.

when I stay at my Dad's I want to extend his Orange Live Box in France to my 2 laptops and Itouch! in another building.

So Can't get better aerial for livebox. and need to extend for 3 wireless devices.

Mikeef

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice