Solved: can't access HTP,HTPPS, FTP so No internet!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamespondfrog

Hi All - got a very strange bug that has cropped up this morning...

IE doesn;t connect to the internet. Infact, nothing does (skype, teamviewer, all browsers etc). It's like i have no conenction at all. However, my router shows the PC connected, the PC shows data packates going back and forward, and i can ping just about anything i want with no problems. I've turned off all firewall/AV stuff, but still no joy. IPCONFIG/all shows no problems - everything is configured as it should be. DSN seems to be behaving, just about every setting i look at is correct, but straight forward NO internet connection. Other PC's on the router are fine, and as i mentioned, i can ping all sorts of sites from the CMD prompt..

I'd love some feedback and ideas ! Thanks !

etaf

Wayne
have you ever had norton or other security product on the PC - this is typical behaviour of a security suite (even if uninstalled in the past) blocking
also a virus/malware

goto
control panel>
internet options>
connection tab
lan settings button

whats there ?

also connect to the router with a cable and try safemode with networking
as the pc starts keep tapping F8 - a menu should appear choose
safemode with networking
see if that works

jamespondfrog

Safemode with networking - DID THE TRICK - FIXED !!!!!!!!

Windows diagnose connection in normal mode said everything was hunky dorey. Just for the hell of it, i ran it again when i failed to get a connection in safemode...., it found a winsock config problem which it reset, and it now works !

THANKS VERY VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

etaf

Wayne
so its actually working correctly in normal bootup mode - correct
if so

(y) excellent

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online