1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't access shares from second user account

Discussion in 'Networking' started by stueycaster, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stueycaster

stueycaster Thread Starter

I have a laptop with Vista plus a desktop with XP Pro x64 on a home network. Everything works fine accept the desktop can't access the shared folders on the second user account of the laptop. The administrative account on the laptop shares fine. The second account is a standard account. Nothing shows up in the shared folder list for that account.

On the desktop it shows the second user folder of the laptop as being shared but when I click on it I get an error message saying I don't have permission to access it. The other shared folders work right.

I'm still pretty inexperienced with Vista so maybe there is something I forgot to do when setting this up.

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Thread Starter

I found a fix for this. You have to add Everyone in the People to share with settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/736527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice