Solved: cant access system info. XP home

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cvb

Opening system information,message is cant collect info.Cannot access the windows management instrumentation software.Windows management files may be moved or missing.--Its a possabilty that some how i deleted something.This is not a critical issue,but if any of you smart people out there can get it back for me,I would sure appreciate it.Thanks loads

cvb

MFD thanks for the reply .But what does that mean?could you elaborate a little.

cvb

Mfd followed your advice,it took 10 hours to finish scan,nothing happened.Did i do something wrong? :confused:

cvb

Thanks Bobol.I did install & uninstall sp2.Will check link you sent & let you know what happened.

cvb

thanks bobol great website.Ican live with this issue. (y)

hehe:D...... you know how to put things in perspective! was it fixable though?

cvb

Thanks BOBOL,didnt work,but i have to tell you the first fix i tried under s I stopped ,because after the fifth step it said tweak the stop.There was no stop only start.I decided not to continue because i had to start deleting stuff,and not having the stop i thought it prudent to end.Just passing this along to thank you for your input.

cvb

Thanks rollin rog,I previously tried the microsoft site,got to step 6 telling me to click stop.Thats when i quit (no stop).The other site you suggested,when i tried to download,says unable to find url.Will try again Thanks.

The link is opening ok for me now.

If you go to Start > Run, enter services.msc and then highlight Windows Management Instrumentation, do you see the STOP, START, PAUSE, items in the upper left. Compare with mine.

Also try this. Doubleclick the entry to get to its properties page. What is the startup mode. Change it to automatic if anything else, then reboot.

Attachments

cvb

Rog I dont know how to send what I got.Left pane says start the service.When I click start,(error message1068.)I Ran a regscrub a while back.Could that have removed whatever is needed?Went to properties was in auto.Went to dependencies tab,error( win32 the dependency service or group failed to start)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online