Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Can't add RSS in Outlook 2007

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  AKAJohnDoe 
#1 ·
Hey there.
I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP, and have configured my GMail account to work with Outlook. I've had my RSS feeds in Outlook and everything worked fine, up until last week when everything started to fall apart. I'd press Send/Recieve, and get all my mails, but didn't get any new feeds at all - and got the same error message saying "could not connect to server" from all of my feeds - and I'm using several RSS feeds from different sites, not just one source. The error code is 0xAF6C0008, didn't find anything about it in google.
Tried to reconfigure my account settings, delete and re-add the RSS feeds, but I can't even add them again, it just says "can't connect to server" and denies me. I'm really getting frusturated at this. :(

Anyone knows how to work this out? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I had some other problems with my computer and had to format everything. I reinstalled Windows, and Office 2007 Enterprise and the problem still came back after a couple of hours.

For your questions:
1. It's my home PC.
2. Not that I know of. It's configured through GMail, which is a POP3/SMTP server AFAIK. No exchange server I'm aware of.
3. Nope. I don't really know how to set up a Proxy server and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it by accident.

I've also approved Outlook through my AV and Firewall (which are both the same program - Esset Smart Security/NOD32), didn't seem to change anything.

I'm getting my mails and everything perfectly, but can't get RSS. Now I can't even add new RSS feeds, it just says "failed to add... due to a problem connecting to server", no matter which site I'm trying to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.