1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't click on a window on a website. Simple problem Im sure but annoying

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lop__, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lop__

lop__ Thread Starter

www.wtatour.com On the home page, the middle window with all the news, etc. I can't click on anything in there, it doesn't work.

Can anyone help ? It does that on other websites with similar windows.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.4. Ever since I updated it's been doing that.

2. lop__

lop__ Thread Starter

Anyone ?

3. Duckman69

Duckman69

does it say download plugin? i just reinstalled my system so i see download plugin if you want i can post you a link to the plugin you need to view that if you can click it yourself... let me know...

4. Goku

Goku

Can you afford to rollback to an older version of Firefox?It is not a good idea to compromise security for a single site but you probably need to see if Firefox is the real problem or not.Also,can you view and click the site in Internet Explorer,Opera,Avant,etc. or any other web browser?Tell me as soon as you can.

5. lop__

lop__ Thread Starter

The site works perfectly well in Internet Explorer. And nope, it doesn't say download plugin. I can see the window, see the news, even scroll through them with the little arrows but I can't click on any link that's contained into those windows. Also when I move my mouse on the menus on top (News, results, players, tournaments etc.) the menus that unfold appear BEHIND that damn window. Except for the ones that are not in front of the window, like rankings and the rest. Weird.

6. Goku

Goku

Really weird.Have you configured Firefox recently or downloaded some add-on that may be blocking the site?Try to reconfigure and verify your settings in Firefox as this might be the case.Meanwhile,I will look for an alternate fix.Good Luck.

7. Duckman69

Duckman69

hmm weird indeed, i wonder what the fix will be keep us posted if you figure it out... meantime you can try uninstalling your update / firefox alltogether and reinstalling it, what the hell it cant hurt... i have the same version of firefox and i ahve no problems, sure you didnt pick up a bug latly?
    ~later

8. lop__

lop__ Thread Starter

Ok so I uninstalled and reinstalled, still doing the same thing. Funny thing is that I updated Firefox on my other computer and it works perfectly well. I checked in the "error log" under options in Firefox (My Firefox is in French so I'm kinda roughly translating the terms, sorry.) and there's always a "warning" when I click on that window. It says (roughly translated) : Analysis error for the value "font". Declaration abandoned".... Any idea what it means ?

9. lop__

lop__ Thread Starter

Ok I solved the problem. I uninstall EVERYTHING, not only by uninstalling in the add/delete program (because that deletes the program, but not the bookmarks, profiles, etc.), but also by deleting any Mozilla file. I then reinstalled and it worked. Don't forget to save a copy of your bookmarks if you want to keep them.

10. Duckman69

Duckman69

hmm weird one well glad you figured it out :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice