Solved: Can't Complete Virus Scan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flyerorange

Hello....I run WIN ME, and use Adelphia Freedom Virus protection. When I do a virus scan, I make it roughly 60% through the scan, then I get an error message:

"CSSCAN32.DLL has caused an error in Freedom, and Freedom will now close."

When this comes up, the folder it gets stuck on is: \_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS5727.CAB

I try to search for the folder, but it comes up as an invalid folder. I have reinstalled the whole virus program a couple times, but it's the same thing. It worked fine for the first few months, then this started.

I don't know on that folder if the FS5727 is from my flight simulator, which I uninstalled months ago.

If anyone has any suggestions, please advise. The spyware scan works fine, it's the virus scan that has the problem. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online