1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't delete eula.rtf files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Schmave, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Schmave

Schmave Thread Starter

Hi,

I've seen this mentioned in several posts, but never seen an answer. I have a folder in my root directory called "df1e2e0e5f7295ecebccb3bdbb585b1a" which contains a dozen or so subfolders, each named with a four-digit number. In each subfolder is a file called "eula.rtf" (typically in some foreign language) and a file called "HotFixInstallerUI.dll".

I don't want these files, but am unable to delete them even with Administrator privileges. They aren't taking up much space, but it makes me mad that I can't delete them!

Any ideas?

--Dave aka Schmave

2. surferdude2

surferdude2

Hi Dave:

Try some of these ways that I have stored for the occasion:

Numbers 9 and 10 are my favorites. :) Good luck, post back your results please so others may be helped.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. Schmave

Schmave Thread Starter

Excellent! Thanks guys. I rebooted into safe mode--still couldn't delete. BUT I could move the whole directory to Administrator's desktop, whereupon I unceremoniously deleted it.

Thanks again!

5. surferdude2

surferdude2

Thanks for the update so others may be helped. :cool:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976046