1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cant disable touble tap touchpad on thinkpad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alexs2074, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alexs2074

alexs2074 Thread Starter

my IBM T41 Thinkpad hard drive died and I replaced it, so I lost all the drivers and special software IBM put on it. Once I installed XP I tried to disable the double tap touchpad but XP didnt have a driver so I installed the Lenovo UltraNav. With it I can have full control over the touchpad, except that it does not allow me to disable the double tap. the only tapping options are 'tap and drag' and 'tap zones'. Before the hard drive crashed I had disabled the double tap so I know it is possible. Any ideas? I hate the double tap and it ought to be easy to disable.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    possibly incorrect driver?? or you need to pdate it?? Did old HDD have XP as well??

3. alexs2074

alexs2074 Thread Starter

Thanks to other threads in this forum that covered nearly the same thing I did figure it out. In case anybody else has the issue then here is the solution, at least for my particular case.

Installing UltraNAV from the lenovo support website is what you need. Once the driver is installed it will put a tab called UltraNav in the mouse option of the control panel. choose touchpad. you can immediately click the tap box that is displayed. no need to go into the touchpad section (this is the mistake I made, I failed to see immediately the tab window but instead went into the other touchpad functions).

Lenovo T41, XP.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Glad you got it solved..you can mark your thread as solved if you are satisfied

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice