Solved: Can't Do a System Restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

axe360

All the sudden I can't do a system restore.. I do use Norton and did turn off the Product Tamper Protection, but still nothing..

No error message, just say's cannot do system restore.. Thanks for any help..

WinXP Home..

axe360

Yes, I can go back about 3 to 4 weeks, but none work either..

well sometimes they get corru[t as such.. i have faced that problem couple of times... but why you want to do a system restore.. cant the problem be fixed without a system restore??

axe360

Yes, you see I was having some problems with tiger woods course architect, I design courses and hadnt used it for a few months until today, but I'm having some problems and figured I would try a system restore, but to my amazement, I can't do one.. Now I have to know why and I have to fix it, or it will bother me to no end. You know how it is, when something isn't working right, you just have to fix it... Thanks for the quik replies..

No problem.... well ... try the F8 on starup and try the restore option from there... might work..... it did some times for me...

what is the reason for wanting to do a System Restore, is your machine having issues and you are hoping to resolve them by rolling back? or is the machine working OK, virus free and you are using SR as a way to revert back to a previous state after installing some software you no longer want.?

If the system is running OK and you dont absolutely 'need' to Restore to an earlier time then purge your System Restore points by turning SR off and back on again. This will more than likely fix your issue with SR not working.

axe360

Thanks Jack, that sounds like a good idea.. Appreciate the help from you and Tiger...

axe360

That's funny, I was just about to hit system restore to check it and I got your message.. lol
I turned system restore off then back on and will let ya know in a sec.. Thank ya kindly

axe360

Ohhhh Yeahhhhh!!!!! Worked like a charm...Thanks Jack and Tiger for your quick help, appreciate it big time..
Merry Christmas all..

P.S. This fix should get pinned...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online