1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cant do system restore

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ANDREWGUFF, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ANDREWGUFF

ANDREWGUFF Thread Starter

Hi Guys, I have a Advent 4489 Notebook and want to Restore the laptop back to its original settings( format it, so its just come out of the box ) But I have a problem, My daughter has deleted the File The Tech Guys Programme which is needed to do the restore from the add/remove programme in the control panel. I have tried everything to restore the laptop from pressing f8,f12 and the bios system but no avail, Does anyone know where I could get a copy of The Tech Guys programme or how to bypass this problem and restore the laptop, Kind regard. Andy

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi,

Most computer manufacturer's can provide some model Recovery sets which are CDs or a DVD set that you use to put the computer back to factory settings (as it was brand new to you).

Some computers come as you know, with a Recovery partition, but it does not seem to work on your computer.....

The computer as you said, had a program that allows you to make ONE set of Recovery media, and your program has been deleted.....

Only Advent or the place you bought the computer could help you with Recovery set.

I'm going to copy all the directions, several different methods to do Recovery here- please go through each and try....you never know! Note the keys it says to use are not F keys......so try!

I know you will not be able to do some of these methods but I am including them in case you are able to create a Recovery disc at some time or other, etc..... Contact the support place for help in gettting a new disc perhaps.

You also may be able to install a plain copy of the operating system you had, an OEM version normally, using the License or Product Key found on a label underneath your laptop. You would need to borrow exactly the same type of Windows CD.....like XP, Vista, etc and if it is the same, you should be able to install. You also will have to have a pretty good knowledge of installing and finding drivers for your hardware- sometimes, this is best left to a good repair place.

3. ANDREWGUFF

Hi Byteman, Thank you very much for your help and support, I have managed to sort it out with the information you gave and it worked a treat, Keep up the good work and Thanks again. Andy

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Thanks for the nice comments- could you tell us what method did work? Was it the Up / Down arrow method that you select the Recovery with that did work?

Thanks!

5. ANDREWGUFF

Hi, Yes it was the up/down arrow setup which fixed the problem, Easy when you know how,Glad someone has great computer skills, Thanks again and Merry Christmas. andy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice