Solved: Can't Download Critical Updates for Windows XP (Home)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

referee07

I have been trying to download updates for Windows XP (Home) for several days but can't. Right now the yellow shield is in my "tray" and it is stuck at 20%. Sometimes, the shield appears and then disappears several seconds later. I try to manually download the updates from the Microsoft Update Site but always get "failed" for each update (but no code numbers). When I click on the "?" I am supposed to get ways to fix the download/update problem but nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

referee07

n7Epsilon, thanks for the reply. I tried turning off Automatic Updates and rebooted but the problem remained.

Telecom69, I went to the website and deleted the temporary files per the instructions given but the problem remained.

Thanks, guys, for the help.

It is interesting that the yellow "shield" appears indicating that updates are being downloaded but the download stops at maybe 7%, 17% or one time it got up to 33% and then the shield disappears. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know

Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts