Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Can't drag files to Drive E: to burn. Wont paste to E folder

13K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  jh0176 
#1 ·
I copy "My Doc" excel files and try to paste them to E drive folder to be burned onto a CD The files will not paste to E drive folder.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3884 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1718 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 588476 MB, Free - 524956 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., U52F
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

#5 ·
Hi mhd1360 and thanks for the reply
I tried what you suggested, but the zipped file could also not be copied to E drive folder. A window opens with the statement "The target cannot handle this type of document". I could move the zipped file to other locations such as the desktop with no problem. ????????????

#7 ·
Hi again
I'm on pretty thin ice here insofar as my computer knowledge. However, I did manage to find and open the "environment variables window" as you suggested. The items you highlighted with the red arrows in your thumbnail were identical to those in my window. I would attach my own thumbnail, but don't know how.

#10 ·
Lets to do a check :

1. Open a Command prompt by clicking Start, typing CMD

2. Type diskpart and press Enter.

3. Type list volume and press Enter.

4. Type select volume #, where # is the number of the drive that's you want to working on (E). In my case, I ended up typing select volume 3.

5. Type attributes disk and press Enter.
see if Read-Only is Yes or No .
If it is Yes you can clear read-only by typing attributes disk clear readonly.

6. Type exit and press Enter.

Please do not make any changes or run any other command if you don't know what it is.

#18 ·
Hi Lance1
When I insert a new unused disk (CD-R) in drive E:, autoplay opens an options window. I select "Burn files to disk using windows explorer". A "burn a disk" window opens asking "How do you want to use this disc"? and I select the "With a CD/DVD player" button.

#19 ·
Yes, this is quite strange. What I suggest is that you get yourself a 32 GB USB stick. They are cheep. This will save you money and headaches. Just dump the files on the stick and your done. I picked up a 300 GB for $75. Even if you pay $120 for TB drive (1000 GB) I've seen them that cheep, your still saving money! Look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.