Solved: can't email webpage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loveastorm

Have new computer running windows 7 with Office Outlook 2003 as my email server. I cannot send a webpage or pic to my email, it wants me to use windows live. Had no problem doing this wind windows xp. Would appreciate any help..

Windows Live Mail is probably set as your default email client.
You need to change the default to Office Outlook:

Click the Start orb and choose Default Programs.
Click Set your default programs
Click Microsoft Office Outlook in the list on the left.
Now click Set this program as default at the bottom of the larger pane.
Click 'OK' to save and close.

etaf

Wayne
do you mean server or client - this is outlook on your PC and what email service are you connected to ?

what exactly are you doing - Each Step to send a picture and at what point do you get the use windows live ?

loveastorm

I receive my email thru office outlook 2003 which i installed on my pc. When I was running Windows XP on my old pc, if i wanted to send a webpage to myself or tag a pic on FB and send it to my email, all i had to do was right and click on send page to and it would open up to "new" in my email. Now, when I try to do that with Windows 7, it wants me to use Windows Live email, which I don't have and don't want....Thanks!

loveastorm

Also, when I open up my default programs to follow your instructions, Microsoft Office Outlook is not an option there.

etaf

Wayne
try this

1.On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Other.
2.Under General, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box.

loveastorm

My default program shows only windows live, does not show Microsoft Office Outlook

etaf

Wayne
what about on outlook

try this

1.On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Other.
2.Under General, select the Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar check box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts