Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Can't enter BIOS ASUS P9X79

9K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Hello!

Built my first computer last Friday, and everything has worked fine until today. When starting the computer, it all seems to work fine, except after the regular one beep signal it just brings me to a black screen with a flashing underscore, and I couldnt seem to get past it. The mb display says 62.

I got my w7 installation disc, and restarted the computer. On the asus screen I pressed delete to boot from the DVD. Nothing happens, except it doesn't beep and just brings me to a black screen. The mb display says E0. I've tried pressing f8, F, delete on the numpad without success.

I suspect the flashing white has got to do with Windows seven, but its weird how I can't seem to bot from the DVD. Thanks in advance.

Mb: Asus P9X79 Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 3960-X Extreme edition
Psu: corsair ax750

#8 ·
I've never seen a display on a motherboard.
Many high end boards use a diagnostic display. This is not new tech; I have an old epox mb that had this about 8yrs ago. Board now sitting in the "parts closet"

Now for the problem. Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical. Disconnect any usb device except the keyboard. Clear cmos or as asus calls it RTC. Now pw ON and see if the board will complete post. You should see an error msg regarding os not found or no bootable disk, etc. Once you are sure the board completes post, then restart and see if you can enter the bios.

#10 ·
Thank you very much, that solved my issue.

I disconnected my SSD Drive and my optical drive, and also my external harddrive. Then I pressed the CMOS reset button for five seconds, and started my computer again, and everything worked fine. Turned it back off and re-connected everything. Now it launches without trouble.

I did not have to repair Windows.

Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.