1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cant find Excel on WinME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by oldjoe, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldjoe

oldjoe Thread Starter

My pal tells me that he does not have Excel or Word on his Windows ME computer. Can someone please tell me where it is?

2. angel

angel

Did your pal install Microsoft Office? Excel and Word are not part of an OS. A lot of people, when ordering PCs from manufacturers, will purchase Office so it comes preinstalled though so I guess I can see the confusion.
    If they don't have Microsoft Office, they will need to purchase and install...

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Thread Starter

Is there any chance he can find it using MSCONFIG or MyComputer???
    I don't know the structure of ME...

4. otoe1

otoe1

Start>Programs

If any office programs are listed, then Excel or Word will be there.

As stated above, if it wasn't installed, then your friend will need to purchase.

Goos luck.

5. angel

angel

Do a Find for winword.exe or excel.exe. If not found, that means your pal never installed Office and there's no way to do that off the ME cd. Microsoft Office is not included in any way whatsoever with the operating system and must be purchased and installed separately.

6. oldjoe

oldjoe Thread Starter

Thanks for the help, folks.

OldJoe

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice