1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: can't get access to e-mail

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by necklacemaker, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. necklacemaker

necklacemaker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    whenever I turn on my pc, I get a pop-up stating "username and password do not match (you provided necklacemaker)" ...I've also got the pop-up "Proxy authentication: your proxy server requires a username and a password. contact your network administrator for the the correct settings and supply your proxy username and password in the "Connection" section of Settings." I have Windows XP and my pc is emachines, but emachines cannot help me due to the fact that my system is a refurbished system...so they recommended I go to a local store. due to not being able to access my regular e-mail, I have reopened another e-mail.- by the way, I cannot sign in to google at all (i.e. to get on my igoogle page) - so is this just a google issue? very confused, plz help.

necklacemaker

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    Hello, I did everything...and then restarted the pc only to have the regular pop-up "Username and password do not match" - also, I should mention that my homepage is google - and that is where I'm having all the trouble w/. Whenever I try to sign into google, I get "Account temporarily disabled" - should I change from using my current homepage site (google) to using my default homepage site (google chrome)? The main thing is to be able to have access to my e-mail, which is really piling up by now. help!

4. itsjusme

itsjusme

I can`t help with your problem, but there are some guru`s here that can. I just wanted to caution you about posting your email address or any other personal info on a public forum like this. Spammers and other perv`s look for and love that. LOL If you dont care , no problem, just a word of caution.

5. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    thanks for the tip, itsjustme! :)

6. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    okay! now I have my e-mail account...thank you Macboatmaster! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!