1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't get installed Adobe flash to work

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by tryagainandagain, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tryagainandagain

tryagainandagain Thread Starter

Hi,
    I see on the threads that others have had this problem. For some reason I can't get Adobe to work; so I went and installed the newest version, and it doesn't work either. YouTube and others just say I need it. I go to Adobe, and it says I have it installed. I look in my computer "add install" list, and there it is. It is there, but for some reason YouTube and others are not "seeing" or connecting with it. I've uninstalled it and installed it twice, and each time shut down the compute and turned it back on.
    The thread I looked at the guy had a similiar problem, but no resolution nor did he say what he finally did to get it working. His was a new computer, so he could take it back; mine is not.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

I've never understood why so many people were having trouble with the Adobe Flash Player. I've never had any. :confused:

Try clearing your browser cookies, temporary Internet files and history.

If no luck, go to your Windows Control Panel. Click on the Adobe Flash Player icon for the Flash Player Settings Manager. Choose the Advanced tab. For Browsing Data and Settings, click Delete All...

3. tryagainandagain

Well, I'm not certain how the tree works: the control panel I have doesn't show anything like it used to, I know it used to be I could switch back and forth between the classic view and this "tell us what you want to do and maybe we'll find it" view. I'm assuming that somehow if I could get into classic view, I'd find a flash player icon to work from; if you know how I can get that view back, that would be nice. I find myself llimited in this new view.
    Deleting cookies etc didn't do it, btw, so I was trying to figure out how to do the second thing.
    Thanks for your help,
    tataa

4. tryagainandagain

Okay, I thought small icons and large icons related to what was already on the screen, not that it would switch from category to classis; wish they'd say what they mean. Anyway, I've deleted the data, but still get the error message.
    I always wondered why so many have problems with Adobe, too, and still do.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

In what browser are you having Flash problems?

6. tryagainandagain

I don't know why, but Tech guy isn't letting me know anymore when people are answering my posts. It was IE 9; however, I've now got it fixed. I went to "tools", and unchecked active x filtering, then closed IE 9, the brought it up again, and life is blissful once again!
    Thanks for your help, your time and effort has been appreciated.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice