1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: can't get of this a virus/trojan

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by anqara83, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

my computer at home got this virus called Backdoor.Nibu trojan.
    Norton displayed a message saying that it got rid of it. then again it displayed the same message after half hour, sometimes it displays it evcery hour. i went to symantec's website looked for it. followed the directions. no luck.
    after i restart the machine it and i go to check the registry i see this file "load32" in there. this registery key if removed suppose to get rid of the whole thing. but it comes back . and after a while i get the message again that norton found the virus and got rid of it. my computer been acting weird and slow since i started getting this message. it's driving me crazy.

i ran Norton , i ran ad-aware and spybot , they found nothing.
    i have windows xp home/SP2.

any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance

2. mimo2005

mimo2005

thats an ugly one ,i had it long time ago .
    turn your system restore OFF ,reboot in SAFE MODE ,make sure that you had beore updated your NAV (norton) .
    do a full scan hard drive .when found something either delete or quarantine .if this doesnt work ,let us know .we ll try something else .

3. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

i'll try that tonight. thanks

4. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

finally i gto rid of that virus. it's a pain in the neck, it took 4 hours to get rid of it.

thanks MIMO2005. i appreciate your help.

5. mimo2005

mimo2005

thats good news ,good job

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice