1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED}Can't get Word 2000 to work.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jonbennett, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonbennett

jonbennett Thread Starter

Previously installed Word 2000 from CD-rom and worked ok. Since then when opening Word 2000 have been asked for 25 digit CD value key (originally input and worked).

However, the code will not be accepted any more, and as such cannot use Word 2000.

Any suggestions please ?

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jon
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling word 2000. That may be you best bet to fix the problem. Use the add-remove program function in your control panel.
    Dave

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Is this an academic version?

4. jonbennett

jonbennett Thread Starter

Now working. Thanks for your help guys. A little embarassing, but if you don't know how - you don't know how. I do now. Cheers!!:)

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Jon
    Thank you for your E-mail. You have a very good Christmas also.
    Glad the uninstall, reinstall got you up and running.
    Dave

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Please don't be embarrassed, Jon.

Most of us learned because we've had the same problem and didn't know what to do. Not only that, some of us are "in the business" and have a little more practice in looking for the solution. Geeze, I've been doing software support for close to four years. ALL DAY LONG, everyday. You think I can figure out how to get rid of these two little files that constantly run on my home PC? Heck no. I keep looking!

Happy holidays!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice