1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't get XP and old HP printer connected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Carol1247, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    Hi folks,

I just got a new Windows XP laptop and I tried to connect it to my old HP 932C printer. My original SW that came with the printer is too old for my new XP, so I went to the HP website and downloaded the current software for a new driver. When I install new driver SW, it says "connect the computer to printer via USB" but then it says that it doesn't recognize or "see" the printer. It won't finish installing the SW. No other option is offered so I just had to exit. I connected the printer and computer when it told me to, but it still didn't recognize it. I should mention that the cable is a cheap "freebie" from a trade show and may be defective. It has an adapter with several different plugs that snap on.\

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It might be the cable, try another one.

3. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    OK, I'll buzz over to Radio Shack and get a better one.

Thanks,

4. Carol1247

Carol1247 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carol
    Got a new cable and it works fine now. Gotta avoid those cheapo cables!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice