1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Can't Import Favorite for IE 6.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sparkknock, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparkknock

sparkknock Guest Thread Starter

I have just bought a new computer a little while ago. I took the harddrive out of the old computer and I use it as a slave on the new computer. When trying to import favorite from the slave drive, it will not do it. Last night I had them transfered but after I shut down the computer it lost my favorite in the the new IE 6.0.

I am also trying to get my Inbox file folders in the slave HD Outlook Express to transfer to my Master HD Earthlink Total Access Mail Box. I also have CorelCentral9.

Another thing that I can't get my computer to do is: to take the address book from slave HD file Wordperfect 7 to my Master drive Wordperfect 9.

Please help and if you need a Highjack this file I can do that. I have also run ADware and Earthlink Total Access sypware.

Thank you in advance.
    :confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well for IE Favorites it should be easy. All you have to do is copy the contents of the old Favorites Folder to the new Favorites folder. The location of this folder varies depending on the Windows version buts always called favorites. In Windows 9X its /Windows/Favorites, in XP its /Documents and Settings/your user name/Favorites.

You can import your Outlook Express folders into the new Outlook Express through the import in Outlook Express. That feature is under File in Outlook Express. You'll need to browse when it asks for the location of the files. In windows 9x the default location is /Windows/Application Data/Identities/{a unique ID}/Microsoft/Outlook Express/ and the Address Book for Outlook Express is in /Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book/ It might be then easier to import into EarthLink. As for Wordperfect I have no idea. Documents can be simply copied over.

3. sparkknock

I have transferred the favorite file to the "document and settings" file, but when I open IE and go to Favorites they are not there.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    There are multiple user accounts in Windows XP, you must place the Favorities into the Favorities folder of the right user

5. sparkknock

Well after a lot of searching, I have found my favorite file and transfered the old Favorites to the New. Thank for all of the suggestions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice