1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't install Adobe flash player

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Margstertz, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Margstertz

Margstertz Thread Starter

I can't access some videos or other things and one site said install Adobe Flash Player, but it will not install. I have been trying different things Some times it says it's installed, but it's not. Then it will says turn off internet explorer and I have no idea how to do that without turning off the computer and that wont work. I have been at it for hours since yesterday. I need very simple instructions, I am so frustrated. I need help. I don't want google chrome with it either. Thanks

2. huggie54

huggie54

hi. look in control panel>programs and features see what Adobe programs are listed

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Depending on whether you've installed the current version for Internet Explorer or the version for other browsers or both, your Programs And Features list should show

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX (for Internet Explorer)

and/or

Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin (for other browsers)

-------------------------------------------------------

As advised in post #3, you want to close your open browser window(s) before installing it.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. Margstertz

I seem to have Adobe flash 11. with active X I uninstalled another program and saw it in the programs, I need to check to see if it's working. I'll get back to you. thanks.

6. Margstertz

It doesn't work. I need to take a break I have more problems to sort out. It seem every time I try to fix one problem another pops up. I may need a pro to fix all this stuff. Thanks I'll be back tomorrow.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If perchance you're using any registry/file "cleaner/fixer" type utilities in that computer, you need to stop doing it now!

They can damage Windows and damage programs and generate error/warning messages and wreak havoc with a computer.

----------------------------------------------------------

8. Margstertz

Like DriverUpdate that removes obsolete drivers and updates others? I just installed the software but I can't use it. I goofed on the download. I just sent them an email. I can not uninstall or install Adobe flash player It says I have to shut down internet explorer to do either. Internet explorer is my default browser Google is my home page I don't us google chrome. I have to write down all instructions none have worked so far. XP was a lot easier. I don't speak computer language. I wanted to keep it simple but it just keeps getting more complicated. Sorry for the rant but thanks for you replies.

9. Margstertz

10. Margstertz

I had to go to an online pro. They took 3 hrs. to correct the problem and they tried everything that I did and finally its back to normal now. They had to clean up a lot of corrupted files. They got rid of bing and downloaded the flash player They must have tried 10 time just like me but they knew what they were doing. I didn't. Thanks for you help. I will leave it open in case anyone else has the same problem.:eek:

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm glad to hear you got the problem resolved. (y)

I hate to ask how much you got charged for 3 hours work by an "online pro". :(

-----------------------------------------------------------

12. Margstertz

I paid

I paid $199.99 for a full year, I have an button I can click and get immediate help. Plus extra protection.
    The one fix would have cost $129.00. I watched them go through everything and it wasn't an easy job. I went back later for something else and they solved that easily.

13. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You got robbed. :(

It's too bad you couldn't get a computer-knowledge family member or friend to help you. :eek:

---------------------------------------------------------

14. Margstertz

I don't think anyone else could have done it. I tried all the same things he did and it didn't work for him either. there were more problems I knew I had. He had to keep getting help from some where else. I spent a day and a half trying, using all the instructions I got from people on line, including my provider who is useless. I figure it will save me a lot of time over the next year, if I can't do it myself. I don't know anyone who knows anymore than I do. They all pay a minimum of $100.00 if they can't do it themselves. My Tech Squad is the name. It's worth it to me just for the peace of mind.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1106964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice