1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: cant install hardware on my computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by peaches36, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

i have been trying to install hardware on my computer but everytime it tells me im missing files,im trying to install multimedia audio controller so i can have sound but it tells me im missing ksuser.dll for all i know i could be missing more files.ive tried everything to get this to work but i cant i have actually tried to download the file from the internet and it does download but when i try to extract it,it tells me load library failed the specified module could not be found,i have no idea what that means,i am pretty much computer illiterate.i have also downloaded the latest directx but that didnt help.i have windows xp and also it tells me ksuser.dll is missing from service pack 3.i have no disks for this computer but ive seen people fix this sort of problem without one.ive also went to microsoft and didnt see anything that could help.half the stuff doesnt make sense anyways.so please if you can help i would appreciate it.my son wants to play games but he cant without sound. thank you:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. noodles71

noodles71

3. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

;)i want to start off by thanking you for your help,but i'm still having problems,i went to the link you gave me and downloaded the file and once that was done i double clicked on the file to extract it and it asked me to run it and i did,then a box came up saying at the top of the box regsvr32 and in the box its got a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside,and it says next to that loadlibrary(#with a bunch of little squares here#)failed-the specified module could not be found.i have no idea what that means.if you can help me again i would greatly appreciate it.thank you!

4. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

sorry i forgot to add,it won't let me extract it because i can't reach that part to actually do it cause that window keeps popping up when i run it

5. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

:(:(:(:(ok i was finally able to put the file in the correct spot where you told me and i tried to install the audio device software and now its saying,the software you are installing for this hardware:c-media ac97 audio device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp.continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system,either immediately or in the near future.microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed windows logo testing.i have no idea what this means and i dont know what to do,it tells me to contact the vendor but i have no clue where it came from.someone please help me!maybe someone can tell me where to get one thats ok for my computer and tell me how to get it.or if i should go ahead with the one i already have.

6. noodles71

noodles71

the program that lets you install .dll files(regsvr32.exe) is missing.so therefore it cannot install ksuser.dll to your computer.are you able to download service pack 3 again?

7. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

im sorry i actually did get it installed the dll.now when i try to install my software it says the driver is no good and if i continue with the installation it could harm my computer,its a totally different problem im having now.the driver name is c-media ac 97 audio device.i dont know what audio driver to use now that would be compatible with my computer.the driver i have obviously is no good

8. noodles71

noodles71

9. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

hey noodles.now its telling me i need a file called ks.sys,do you know where i can get that now?

10. noodles71

noodles71

your going to get one after another(errors).
    i need somebody with diagnostic permissions to help you.

11. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

how do i get someone with diagnostic permissions to help me?unless your going to find one for me

12. noodles71

noodles71

you could use the repaair function on your xp discs

13. noodles71

noodles71

by the way,you may have to start a new thread,as somehow you have marked it solved

14. peaches36

peaches36 Thread Starter

hey noodles i dont have any disks to do that and actually i was able to get my sound working thanks to you,your awesome,but now i'm worried about that scannow thing

15. noodles71

noodles71

what scan now thing?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/860865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice