1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't Install Java

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Technically, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Technically

Technically Thread Starter

When I go to the site and download Java, Windows Installer prepares to install it, and after it's done preparing, I get this error message: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This could occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if windows installer is not installed correctly. Coctact your support personnel for assistance."

I'm not running in safe mode. I have Windows 2000 Proffessional, with Windows Installer 3.1. I'm trying to install JRE 6. What do I do?

2. golferbob

golferbob

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Download version 1.6.0.10 from here(click the "Download latest version - 15.55 MB" link). Save it and don't install it yet.

Uninstall all older versions from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Delete all leftover folders from inside C:\Program Files\Java.

Restart your computer.

Install version 1.6.0.10.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Technically

Technically Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772327