[SOLVED] Can't install Oct 10 critical update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrAce45

I'm running Windows ME. I have been installing critical windows updates as they have become available with no problems. However I have been unable to install the latest which is dated Oct. 10. The first time I tried, the download was OK but the install hung with the progress bar at about 33%. On successive attempts, I just get instant failure, with the display of a "Try Again" button. I have been able to install this update on W98 on two other machines. Any ideas?

MrAce45

Yes, I was running NAV. After deactivating, the download was OK. The Oct 29 update installed OK however the 10 Oct (IE 6) update hung during the install and I had to cancel out of it.

MrAce45

I thought the install had hung, but I was just notified that it completed and now everything is OK. Thanks for telling me to disable the antivirus program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online