1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cant install Vista .. driver needed for hard drive

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by keenrw, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

Hi

My wife has a Samsung R510 lap top that has gone wrong , im trying to reinstall Vista but i cant cos it says "To install the device driver needed to access the Hard Drive , insert the installation media containing the driver files ""
    Were can i find them please ? im using the recovery disc to reinstall Vista .

Please help .. shes like a bear with a sore head at the moment

Rich

2. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

I am working on finding a link to the driver for you hold on

3. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

4. Mollie

Mollie

How many recovery disks are there? If there are more than one, try inserting the others (one by one, of course) into your dvd/cd drive.

Mollie

5. Mollie

Mollie

Did your notebook come with a recovery partition? If it did, and if it still exists, try using the recovery partition instead of the CD.

Mollie

6. keenrw

keenrw Thread Starter

Hi all

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for all the posts .. its now fixed .. i did not need the hard drive driver in the end , I tryed the recovery partition and would work to a point but it crashed or blue screened , in the end i took a stick of memory out and reformatted etc and went fine the lap top booted up then installed the drivers using the other disc that came with it so shes all up and running .. i put the mem back but after a while it started to get the BSOD so i took the mem out and touch wood no probs so far , shes running 2 gig not 4 now but she seems happy with that .
    So looks like it was a bad stick of ram ..

Thanks
    Rich

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice