1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't log in to my existing G-Mail account.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wgreene, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

I have an active G-Mail account which I've had for years. Recently I've been unable to log in. Now whenever I click to log in to my G-Mail account I invariably get a prompt to "Add G-Mail to your Google account," which means creating a new G-Mail account. This is not at all what I want to do. I simply want to be able once again to be given the option to log in to my existing G-Mail account. I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to help me clear up this matter. Thank you very much.

2. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Well, apparently I've solved my problem. I simply clicked the drop-down arrow next to the blue icon in the upper right-hand corner and clicked to sign out of my Google account. Doing so returned me to my existing G-mail account and I was able to sign in normally.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice