1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Cant log into windows normaly! User Profile Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pat100, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pat100

pat100 Thread Starter

started my PC up as normal.. after about 20mins, i heard some clicks comming from within my comp case, when a click occurs, its like bad lag, everything freezes up for a bit, then goes back to normal.. it started getting pretty bad, so i restarted my PC and then it went to C: CHKDSK thing, it did its thing, and i guess it found some bad clusters, (went to fast for me to read)..
    it started the windows account page (where u can log onto each user profile) and a window poped up..
    "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation. "

So it logs me on to a temporary profile, all changes and saves on this temp profile will be lost everytime i log out..

thanks

any ideas as to what the heck is goin on?? first time i had this problem..

2. madchick

madchick

Try booting into Safe Mode (F8 at startup) and creating a new profile to see if you can get to a normal desktop.

3. pat100

pat100 Thread Starter

well, im dumb.. i dont have a non USB mouse or keyboard in the house, my Logitec USB wireless stuff wont allow me to use keyboard functions untill windows log in comes up, so i wasnt able to boot into safe mode..

instead i crated a new Account, and grabbed all my files from the "corrupt" account,then deleted the "corrupt" account...
    everyting seems fine.... for now. anything else i should do? or be aware of?

4. abbyk

abbyk

Backup your valued files.

Clicks from hard drive mean it could be on its way out.

Maybe buy a 2nd drive - they are cheap & will be easier to transfer before your drive dies completely.

I could be wrong about the drive dying, but if I were you, I wouldn't take any chances.

good luck :)

abbyk

5. pat100

pat100 Thread Starter

SATA HDD is less than a year old....hmmmm :confused: well, i opened up the case.. just to check if there were any loose wires or anything, made sure everything is tight and in place...

well, thanks for your help.. i'll close this thread.

6. abbyk

abbyk

Hard drives can fail at any time, although it is common for most to last for many years of good use.

Download the appropriate diagnostic tool from the drive manufacturer & test it.
    It should advise of a likely failing drive.

If it is less than a year old, it will be under warranty and you can return it for a replacement.

Feel free to ask any further questions, and don't worry computers do screw up! Get used to it ;)
    As long as your backups are sound, glitches like this should mean inconvenience rather than disaster.

abbyk

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/365374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice