1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: can't log into yahoo email & links not working

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by asmoker, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asmoker

asmoker Thread Starter

Please help!

Something very strange is happening with my computer. I have my internet homepage set to Yahoo, but none of the links on Yahoo are working for me. Everytime I click on a link from the homepage, I get the message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I also cannot get web pages to load from doing searches either. NO links work at all. This is the only web site I am having an issue with. I have gone to mulitple web sites and have no trouble clicking on links and getting web pages to load...only on Yahoo. I also cannot log into my Yahoo email because I get the same message that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I currently use Norton Internet Security and I ran a full system scan thinking perhaps I have a virus, but it turned up nothing. I also ran a program that I downloaded for free called Malwarebytes and that turned up nothing either. Can someone help me please?

2. asmoker

asmoker Thread Starter

Nevermind...Yahoo suddenly appears to be working now...very strange.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945481