1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't Login or Connect to EA Games and Services

Discussion in 'Games' started by JakeLunn, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeLunn

JakeLunn Thread Starter

This is a bit of a strange problem, and my only guess is that something on my computer is blocking me but I can't seem to find it. Earlier today I bought the "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam" expansion pack through Steam. I actually played a few rounds without issues before taking a break because my ping (I have a terrible ISP) rose to about 700. I was fed up with high ping and decided to attempt and optimize my TCP/IP settings using the TCP/IP Optimizer. After running this and opening a few ports in my router I tried the game again about an hour or two later to find upon clicking "Login" it would give me a "Failed to connect to EA Online" error. I then googled around for this error, trying various fixes, before going to the EA Support website and looking for a solution there. I then found that when clicking "Contact Us" it would time out of the webpage. I sent the link to a friend over Steam who confirmed that it was working for him. I then tried the EA Forums and again got timed out when I tried to login so I could post a thread.
    All of this is very unusual to me and it would appear that a program or possibly a virus might be blocking me from connecting to EA? I tried checking everything I have that might block EA but to no avail. I uninstalled a program called "Advanced SystemCare 3" by Iobit because I had actually had issues with it blocking Steam from updating in the past, but that did not fix the problem. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled PunkBuster, the service that is usually the source of most connection issues with BC2. I have run a virus scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which turned up no results. I then thought that perhaps TCP/IP Optimizer changed a setting that might have blocked EA in some way, so I undid all the changes that it made using it's backup feature.

Any ideas?

2. Horton-2

Horton-2

Jake, I also tried several times in the last two days to contact e.games support with no success. E-mails to them were returned as undeliverable.
    Maybe they shut down during the holidays knowing that they are going to be inundated with questions and support requests??
    Sorry I cannot assist with your game problem.

3. JakeLunn

JakeLunn Thread Starter

Well it turns out that TCP/IP Optimizer is indeed the problem. It changed a setting somewhere that rendered me incapable of connecting to EA Online, and I had to use System Restore just to get it back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice