Solved: Cant open attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neary

I am running XP and have MS Word 2002 installed.For a long time I couldnt open a lot of attachments, and got this error msg.
" This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the "Folder Options" control panel.

I forwarded the attachment across the street. my friend opened it and sent me the results.

Bottom line. He said,and proved that MSWord 1997-to2003 would'nt open it, but his 2010 version did. He sugested that I check around and see if there is something I can download that will let me open attachments like these.

The 100+$ for the new version of MS word could better be spent on my Great Grand Children.

Any Ideas---Any Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online