Solved: Can't Open Excel Email Attachment

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cb13h

Using Windows 2000, Excel (97) and Office Outlook 2003. Can't open Excel email attachments unless the Excel program is open. Have been able to in the past. When I click on the Excel attachment (with Excel program closed) only the top portion of the Excel file opens. I can still see the Outlook email as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi cb13h,

How long have you waited for the s/s to fully open?

I have seen the very same when using Outlook Exchange Server and a s/s (or other file) of a large size such that it just takes a long time to download, but you do see part of it in a window overlapping the e-mail window.

Task Manager reports that Outlook is not responding, but if you wait long enough the s/s does eventually open.

Rather than opening the s/s in the email, have you tried saving the attachment first; that way you will see the hour-glass and see how long it takes to download.

lol
Hew

cb13h

A simple restart of the computer seems to have solved the problem. Darn computers. Thank you for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online