1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't open files with JNLP extension

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by plite, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. plite

plite Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm unable to open any file with jnlp extension either in chrome or IE. I tried downloading Jave with update 10 as suggested by someone, but that didn't work. I downloaded registryboosterfile and that says there is some problem in my host file. Also, I am not sure if I've posted this in the right category, lemme know if not and I'll repost.
    Thanks
    plite

2. aks88

aks88

3. plite

plite Thread Starter

Thanks aks, I've opened jnlp files with no problem before. With double clicking it usually opens up in chrome. But suddenly, I'm unable to do so. I've tried right click and open with....java, but that doesn't work either. Maybe I don't have the right Java version. Am installing Java with update 22, lets hope that works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962544