1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't open zip file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kb1003, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kb1003

kb1003 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kaye
    I purchased a product that is downloaded as a zip file. I have Winzip. After the download, I unzipped the file. The unzip file has a folder in it that has another zip file. I cannot unzip this file. I get the message "Cannot open file; it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded the file, please try downloading the file again." I have redownloaded the file and I get the same message. How can I unzip this other file? My operating system is Windows XP, Winzip12.1.

Thank you for your help,
    Kaye

2. bp936

bp936

If you purchased the product and can't use it, call or email them, what program you are supposed to unzip it with, since it does not work on your computer.

3. kb1003

kb1003 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kaye
    Thank you bp936 and kolton for responding. I will contact the company I purchased the product from. I thought Winzip unzipped everything.

Kaye

4. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

I think Winzip is still OK, maybe something wrong with your file when you download it. But whatever, I like WinRAR most.

5. kb1003

kb1003 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Kaye
    HI Brucew0619 - thank you for responding. I contacted the company and they suggested 7-zip. I downloaded that and it unzipped the file.

Kaye

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice