1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't play IFO and BUP files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jacy, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jacy

jacy Thread Starter

Hi,

I have 2 pairs of IFO and BUP files, emailed to me, that i am trying to play on my laptop. Windows media player can't play it. I downloaded cyberling power dvd player but still no avail. Please help.

Thank you

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

IFO (stands for InFOrmation) is a type of DVD file that stores information about chapters, subtitles and audio tracks. So no it is not a video file.

The BUP file is a backup of the IFO file on a DVD

.vob files on a DVD are the actual video files and tend to be very large, 1-4 gigabytes, too large to send in an email.

3. jacy

jacy Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. Now i understand.

4. brent2

brent2

Your friends should select the vobs and convert them to another format that will make a much smaller file size to send by email. I often convert mine to mp4 or even wmv. Amazing how you cn reduce the size. If still too large then cut them up and send that way as they can always be joined back together again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice