1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't Remove SpamArrow Advertisement in Outgoing Emails on Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Caveman01, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Caveman01

Caveman01 Thread Starter

I have XP Home Edition and use Outlook Express for emails. I use to use SpamArrow to help filter incoming junk mail but got rid of it in order to use a better program. However, the advertisement placed in my outgoing emails by SpamArrow is still there even though the program is no longer on my computer.
    I did a complete scan and search to find any remnants of the program but found nothing. I even downloaded Final Uninstaller to search and remove anything left by the SpamArrow program but it did not find anything. Last, I searched for anything with the spamassassin name because that company is associated with SpamArrow. I found nothing. I can't get rid of the SpamArrow advertisement in my outgoing emails in Outlook Express no matter what I try. All I can do is individually highlight and delete the advertisement every time I send an email. It is very tiring.
    I sent emails to [email protected] but they just bounce back. I did the same thing with the spamassassin support email but it bounced back too. I can't reach anyone at the company. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Click Tools > Options... > Signatures.

Look if there might be a signature from SpamArrow, and delete accordingly.

3. Caveman01

Caveman01 Thread Starter

Thank you for the help. The advertisement left from SpamArrow is no longer there, thanks to your answer. I wish every computer problem was that easy to solve.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Glad I could help! (y) :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice