1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Can't rip songs off of a cd with Windows Media Player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Bonnieclark, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bonnieclark

Bonnieclark Thread Starter

I burned a disk of various songs with Windows Media Player, and then removed the songs from the computer. I would now like to put those songs BACK on my computer (using Windows Media Player) so I could put some on my mp3 player. However, when I open Windows Media Player and put the disk in the drive, I am not given the option to rip the songs. That option just doesn't appear. Oddly enough, a list of the songs on the disk appears on the right in the "list" area so the disk is being read. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. stantley

stantley

If you burned an Audio CD (one that will play in a regular CD player) then you would have to rip the CD to get the songs on your computer.

However if you burned an Mp3 CD (a CD with several Mp3 files on it) then you don't need to rip the CD. Just copy the files from the CD to your computer the same way you copy regular files from one drive to another.

3. Bonnieclark

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I think I used Windows Media Player to burn the songs to a DVD disk. Do you think that's why I'm having a problem?

4. stantley

stantley

Put the DVD in the drive and find the files with Windows Explorer.

Then just copy the files to your hard drive.

5. Bonnieclark

Thanks! It worked.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice